At PassQual Health in Miami Gardens, Florida. We offer DOT Exams required by the Florida Department of Transportation for people who drive commercial vehicles. We have been offering our service to professional drivers that need to get their medical exams done by governmentally certified doctors.
As part of the Occupational Health, more than 6 million drivers operate commercial vehicles in interstate commerce. Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations (FMCSRs) require most of these drivers to be certified by a medical examiner. The physical examination to comply with these federal regulations, commonly called the DOT (Department Of Transportation) examination, is one of the most frequently performed ambulatory procedures.
Why do I need a DOT Exam to be done?
The goal of a DOT physical is to make sure that people who are driving commercial motor vehicles are physically, mentally, and emotionally fit.
What does the DOT examiner look for?
- Vision Problems
- Digestive Issues
- Behavioral health & mental health
- Blood pressure
- Diabetes and Endocrine Issues
- Hearing issues
- Sleep Apnea
- Alcohol / Drug abuse
- Potential for stroke
- Chronic pain
- Brain injuries / Neurological problems
- Epilepsy / Seizures
- Heart disease
- Respiratory Problems
What happens at the DOT Physical Exam?
- When you come into our health clinic in Miami Gardens, Fl for your exam, you will give a DOT-endorsed clinical analyst your certification form.
- Your blood pressure and heartbeat will be checked and your appearance will be assessed.
- You will get an eye test. The DOT provider will search for good eye dilation, and appropriate eye movement, and you will provide information about any past macular degeneration.
- Your hearing will be checked. Your ears will be checked for holes in the eardrum.
- Furthermore, your organs and systems will be reviewed, including the heart, lungs, mid-region, liver, spine, and so on. The Doctor will ensure everything is the right size, sounds right (if appropriate), and that nothing is outside normal parameters.
- A urine test will be taken to check for ailments and if required by the employer, it can also be utilized for drug testing.
- Your CMV test will do a complete physical to search for any conditions that might have been unknown.
What happens after the DOT Physical?
After passing the DOT physical, your DOT provider will complete the Medical Examiner’s Certificate and give you a duplicate. Your Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination will be sent electronically to the Commercial Driver’s License Information System (CDLIS), alongside your DOT physical forms.
However, your DOT clinical accreditation is good for only 2 years; except if your health status needs an exemption. The DOT actual exception implies that you should re-try the DOT physical on a yearly basis (the time/term relies upon the particular exception).
Whenever you need a medical DOT examination Certificate to obey commercial driver’s license requirements, stop by our clinic in Miami Gardens for your medical exam.